Saturday, August 08, 2009

Dear Mr Goodwill...

Here is a copy of an email that I have just sent to Mr Robert Goodwill, MP for Scarborough and Whitby...


Hello Mr Goodwill,

I trust that this email finds you well. I just thought that I would drop you a line after discovering that who should have donated many thousands of pounds to the Conservative Party? None other than Persimmon homes. Perhaps I may be a tad cynical, but I, along with a lot of other people, are starting to think that the real reason for you distancing yourself from our group and from from the dubious things, to say the least, surrounding the issue of Coatham just the day after the film was shown in Parliament, was that the Party that you belong to is actually being funded by the builder that we are opposing? I thought I'd leave you with quote from the MP who seems to be opposing the Persimmon development where he lives and from your old friend Duncan Davidson, founder of Persimmon Homes...

"I am not saying that there is anything so simple or corrupt as a deal cash for planning permissions in any of these cases. I am merely stating that it is hardly likely that the leading movers and shakers in Britain’s greenfield housing industry would all donate to the Conservative party if they thought that it would block their proposals".

"As Mr. Davidson of Persimmon has been quoted as saying in The Daily Telegraph, the Conservative party represents “the best prospect for our industry and our company”.

When you think that it was a LibDem/Conservative coalition who pushed the scheme through planning despite it being surrounded in controversy and who fought us so viciously for years stooping to smear campaigns and lies, when you look at the quote above, is it really any wonder?

Politics eh? It's a funny old game!

Peace,

Chris Mcglade.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?